This photoblog has been created so I can share
my personal thoughts about photography
and things that are just
simply life.

Thanks for stopping by and comments are always welcome.

All we need is love! <3
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kimberly + Jason....boo!

When I was 8 years old I was so jealous of Kimberly and her avocado green parachute pants with the gold buckle attached to the front. Oh yes I was!

What I remember most about Kimberly is her scary love for Halloween. (Yes, I intended the pun.) Every year Kimberly's family had the coolest Halloween parties! They had creepy crawly sticky things to eat, perfectly carved pumpkins, a fruit punch bowl that glowed with bubbly fog flowing over the edges and a tape that repeatedly played 'The Monster Mash'. By the time midnight struck Kimberly was already talking about what she was going to dress up like 'next year'. So, it's no surprise that Kim's first wedding date was 666 (June 6th 2006) and her second wedding date was, yup Halloween night. Same husband.....twice. Jason carved 'Will you Marry Me?' into a pumpkin, how could she say no?! :o) So, I felt it was only appropriate that their photo session had a spooky-ish, romantical cold feel to it.





That's hot.

Thank you Kimberly and Jason for bringing who you are to your photo session. I enjoyed every single minute of it! xox

6 comments:

Kiti Kobain said...

Sarah!!!
You are an incredible photographer, a beautiful model, a delightful writer, most genuine human and still the best friend I ever had!
I am thrilled that we were able to work with you- I am blown away by your talent!! You were always talented so it is not that surprising, however, your talent FAR surpasses those I see!
I remember those halloween parties- and I STILL talk about what I will be next year before this one is even over!! We still play the Monster Mash, but what I miss is having my favorite dance partner shimming with me.
As for those avocado green pants- I do not remember them and I am sticking to that story ;) What I will say I remember is my red cerficiate from summer camp that says "for Kimberly who got past her differences with Sarah and became best friends". I will always be thankful for those summer days where over volleyball and Beach Boys Barbara Anne dances we forgot why we had differences at all. I will always remember fondly the mornings of leaving notes before school on my lamp post, talking on the phone from your kitchen to my bedroom, me begging my mom to let me go to Kennedy instead of Grant, the first time I wore make up and you yelled at me for ruining my face (even at 11 you knew not to wear make up), carving our names in cement and beggin your brother for rides in the Pinto. I have a million other memories but for now I will say- I always knew you would be a star and I am always right ;)
I love you girl and I am glad we have reconnected!!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I Love the moodiness of all of these photos!!! Great job on making me feel like I know her. The photos definitely reflect the description you posted of them!

April said...

that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great Photography, keep it going!

cristy cross said...

love the first one. Very super duper cool.

John Rosner said...

This session was superb, my gosh Sarah, I honestly am blown away right now, some of your best so far!