This photoblog has been created so I can share
my personal thoughts about photography
and things that are just
simply life.

Thanks for stopping by and comments are always welcome.

All we need is love! <3
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saying goodbye.

I am realllllly bad at saying goodbye. This weekend, I had to face 'a goodbye'. There are many reasons that I find goodbyes hard. My past is scattered with getting attached to someone I care about and then having to say goodbye..... some are for a little while and others I know I won't see again. And because I can't control that space of time, it makes it that much more difficult for me. This week I had to say goodbye to a wonderful family and my running coach. His training and support has made such an incredible difference in someone that means the world to me... my brother, Lincoln. I learned that my running coach is leaving for an opportunity that will benefit his family, which makes me glad he is going......and for selfish reasons I am beyond sad.


Before they left out of town, I documented his family. As long as I stayed focused on joyful baby Issac, I was able to compose myself...... just long enough to take their photos.

Sweet face.

Perfect hair.

Cute tush.
i love this one.

I adore the anticipation on Issac's face in the 'peek-a-boo' game.

I truly believe that only a mother knows what this feels like.... happy Mother's Day beautiful Ivy.
I don't understand why this door is low.... and why it needs a sign to warn people but, I love it!

LOVE it. love them.



Lincoln and I have a tradition at the end of our races together. Winner gets to be carried. The image below was from Lincoln's first race ever. 5k Run for the Hills where he placed third! On a side note: The following images were taken with moms camera phone or point and shoot.



I placed first in my age division. 10K.


Lincoln placed second! We also entered this race as a team and got fourth place together. Our team name was: Hungry Hippos...... when we run long distances (while training) we talk a lot about what we are gonna eat afterwards.



Dear running coach, Lincoln needed you more than words can ever describe. A little over a year ago he lacked direction in life and confidence in himself. No matter how many times I would tell him that he could do whatever he wanted with his life, he would remain stagnant. He simply just needed someone else with a different perspective (and on the outside) to tell him so. That's where you came along. There was a pivotal moment when I knew that Lincoln believed in himself. We had just finished a seven mile run and I was driving Lincoln home. Both of us were on a runners high, talking all the way home about what we were going to eat and how satisfying our hill workout felt. Lincoln was just about to get out of the car when he turned to me and said, 'Sarah..... I am pretty awesome, huh?' My heart burst with happiness and as I held back tears the only thing I managed to say was, 'Yes Lincoln, you are.' A year ago those words would have never come out of his mouth. He wasn't saying it to be boastful, he said it because he was proud of himself. The support that the running group and your positive coaching has given to him is something that I will forever be thankful for. Lincoln needed you more than even he knew and these days he has so many ideas about what he wants to do with his life that it's hard for him to choose! We will miss you soverymuch. Love, Sarah

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Beautiful, priceless!!!! Sounds like your running coach is an amazing person! Sure glad he came into your life and Lincoln's! We need more people like him.
cece

April said...

wow, that was beautiful. sounds like you have a lifetime of memories that will comfort you until you get to see this family again!

andrea said...

Sarah those are so BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing.

- Andrea

kathy (too tuff too quit) said...

Sarah,

I can hardly see to write this to you. The tears are just rolling down my face. John has also made an incredible difference in my life as a human being & a runner. He knew instinctively me the person, me the runner. What I was made of, how I could and would push myself and how I would not shirk from any type of work or distance or terrain, OR WEATHER CONDITIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Right????!!!!!!

........... you are a wonderful artist!!!!!!

Thank you sooooo very much for sending them to me.

Darn here I go again, tearing up.

Always, Always,
Kathy

Susan said...

Sarah, That was beautiful!!

michellelaredo said...

Love them all!!! you are getting better every time!! dont know where you come up with all of this but you are an amazing photographer!! Great job to you and stinky on the runs....i mean races..runs sounds like you need a quick stopper upper!!! haha i love you call me

cristy cross said...

hahahaha that low door is so random and funny. I wish we had a low door in Clovis. What adorable family pictures. Love the feet one :)

Ramona said...

Very nice, best wishes to John and his family. Thanks for helping boost Lincoln. He's doing great!
Thanks again.