This photoblog has been created so I can share
my personal thoughts about photography
and things that are just
simply life.

Thanks for stopping by and comments are always welcome.

All we need is love! <3
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, November 2, 2009

Goodbye Canada-ish. Helllllllo Hawai'i!

Time flies.

Two months ago I was counting down the days until we met in California to meet Jaxon for his fourth birthday Disneyland present. I imagined that when we were reunited again we would run towards each other in slow motion, each step getting closer and closer until meeting at arms length at which point we would collide and fold into one another. Embraced. It wasn't like that at all. It was better. Much, much better.

Jaxon walked towards me and then diverted his path when he spotted Lincoln. They had their 'Kodak moment' embrace (way to steal my moment Lincoln!) but really, just watching their happiness made my heart feel warm and fuzzy. Then Jaxon looked in my direction, looked away and then did a double take. (I knew I should have pulled my new bangs back!) Jaxon realized who I was and his face lit up so brightly with a smile that is forever burned into my memory. 'Hi auntie.' He casually walked over to me as I squatted down to hug him. 'Hi Jaxon.' We continued to stare at each other smiling. Then he sweetly said, 'I reaaaalllly missed you.' His eyes welled up with tears and he admitted, 'I thought I was never going to see you again.' My heart melted and my moment was much much better than I imagined it to be.

Time flew.

Before I knew it I was giving Jaxon an Eskimo kiss at the airport. No tears were shed as we signed (ASL) 'I love you' in the air. Then I assured Jaxon (and myself) that we will see each other again soon. I will start counting those days, starting now.


This one makes me laugh out loud!
Sweet boy.
The other sweet boy.
Snow white ride with 'mona' and 'grandpa'.
Lincoln used to hold my pocket this very same way. Love this.
After we arrived in Oregon Jaxon said, 'Remember when I went to Goofy's house?!'
I love LOVE LOVE this one SO MUCH!!!
Two of my brothers, Britttany and little Jaxon.
Waiting for the Halloween fireworks to start.
Oregon. aka Canada-ish.

Jaxon with his case of trains. Update: We have Edward now!! Thanks to his Nana!!!

Handsome boy.
About to scare his dad!
One of my favorites.
In love with this.
Silly boy.
This tree already had 'D + B' (for Daniel and Brittany) carved into it!!! Meant to be? I'd say so!
Makes me smile.
Fun with his dad.


I think they need a huge canvas of this one!
I laugh at Jaxon in this one because when he throws a fit he hides his face.
Cutest boy. Ever.
'Auntie, Can I go with you to Hawai'i?'
Eskimo kiss.

Now, back to Albuquerque via Hawai'i! Another journey that is so dream-like.... I look forward to sharing those pictures with you all soon!

5 comments:

April said...

ohhh Sarah i love it! i have to prepare myself everytime i read your blog, because you just bring me to tears! happy tears of course! :) your talent is so amazing! i can't wait to see those Hawaii pictures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming out! It was fun! Jaxon said, "so now I want Lincoln to come to the airport now. Just so we can pick him up...." Your brother, Daniel Eastwood

Yadeeh said...

I love them all!!! You are so awesome and Jaxon is adorable!

Trang said...

I really miss my little friend!

Thanh Mai said...

Hèm khóa sàn gỗ công nghiệp chịu nước là bộ phận liên kết các tấm sàn gỗ lại với nhau giúp việc lắp đặt nhanh chóng, dễ dàng cũng như có thể tháo dỡ trong quá trình bảo hành hoặc thay thế sản phẩm mới.
Kronopolvietnam