This photoblog has been created so I can share
my personal thoughts about photography
and things that are just
simply life.

Thanks for stopping by and comments are always welcome.

All we need is love! <3
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, March 28, 2009

A choice for change.

I don't watch tv that often and I rarely ever watch the news. By choice. I got lost today clicking around on the net and I ran across the video below. It is simple and powerful and it made me smile from the inside out. My dad was a different man while I was growing up and these days I often forget that 'other' person ever existed. It has taken many years to see that my dad was masked by a layer of debris and pain and he will never be that 'other' guy again. He is such a loving and forgiving man now and I adore him more than he will ever know. I am who I am, because of him. I will always walk through life with my own story because I have the proof. He proved to me that people can change if they want to.

Click here to see the video.

Who has made the choice to change, for the better, in your life? Call or send them a note right now to tell them how much their choices mean to you.

Here is a loving kiss from Jaxon to his grandpa, my dad. Because of you Dad, everyday I make the choice to try and be a good person, better than I was yesterday. I am forever thankful for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it took a long time because we often think we are in control but from experience everything seemed to have control of me and I was too blind to see the effect it was having on everyone around me. Change has to come from within but credit must be given where it's due and that is my beautiful daughter who made me realize with some choice words that change must come as she boarded a plane moving half way around the world. She planted a seed in my head and the roots grabbed hold of me making me realize that those closest to me were hurting because of me. Half way around the world 4 years later I walked my daughter and placed her hand in those of her future husband, my eyes & head clear as the New Zealand sky above. Everyday I remind myself I can never let my guard down. I know I can't go back only go forward trying to be a better person. This year I will celebrate my 32nd wedding anniversary and honestly I am amazed that my wife stuck by my side and often wonder why she did, but I'm thankful. But most of all I am greatful to you, my daughter...Dad

Anonymous said...

OH how beautiful!!!! Dad you made me cry!!! Sarah your family is so amazing and strong! I love the strength that you all have and I am blessed to know all of you. Thanks Eastwoods for letting me into your Amazing family!!! Cece

April said...

wow. how amazing. and that video, such a great moment!